Artists for the Sacred Headwaters - Painting  to celebrate and protect community, water and wildlife
RSS

Recent Posts

Community paint-ins this summer?
Hazelton event a wonderful experience
Poster for Hazelton Workshop
Poster for Hazelton BC Workshop
Community Painting Event -Hazelton BC

Categories

Activities
Artwork
Ecotourism
Events
powered by

My Blog

Hazelton event a wonderful experience

Cynthia McCreery of the Skeena Watershed Conservation Coalition (SWCC) was instrumental in pulling this 2 day event together.  She arranged the hall at the Kispiox Rodeo Grounds, the catering of Friday dinner and Saturday lunch, made endless pots of superb coffee from Beans in Old Hazelton, recruited the artists and guest speakers and assembled the supplies that were delivered from Opus Art Supplies.

Cynthia also led our opening on Friday afternoon, talking about the Sacred Headwaters and SWCC and getting us started with a fun drawing exercise and introductions based on a place that inspires us.  The image is from the group exercise to bring us all together as a team.

After a delicious supper, artists Perry Rath and Roy Henry Vickers gave compelling presentations - Perry about his art, philosophy and its relation to nature; Roy Henry about his own journey as an artist and person, ending with a powerful telling of the legend of how the Sacred Headwaters began.   It was the finest evening imaginable!

At 10:00am the artists gathered - from age 5 on up - and I talked about the day -  the many possibilities for painting individually or for working on the mural mosaic.  After a short slide show with some instructional tips and demos, we started painting and barely stopped for lunch.   At 5:00pm when the day officially ended, many of us were still going strong.  It was a wonderful experience, with a great vibe of happiness in the room.   Thanks to one and all!

15 Comments to Hazelton event a wonderful experience:

Comments RSS
angela on February-27-13 2:24 PM
My o my, what a great time i had, I am excited about volunteering for other projects to save the sacred headwaters, thanks for putting this together Cynthia, and thanks Ann for being there and getting us excited!

australian writing on July-13-18 7:28 AM
Nice! Very appreciative effort to advice future teachers by telling people that classroom is just a beginning real life start outside the class and how they can help other people by learning new strategies.

Angela on June-04-13 12:41 PM
Thank you, Angela - it was wonderful having you there! I've had to take a couple of months break from this while travelling and am now eager to dive back in. I'll be up your way sometime in July-August. Any ideas of how we can keep the fire burning?

John Jones on November-24-18 1:51 AM
Thank you for bringing that experience to you. I like this post very much.sniper 3d assassin mod apk epsxe downlaod gta san andreas mod apk

jichan on November-25-18 10:19 PM
I wanted to thank you for this great read!! typing test games.net

Jaime on December-12-18 12:02 AM
This blog totally related the artist of the wonderful experience artist. I am glad to know that the article is really very good. I am appreciate in the work. rubber matting

Robert harry on December-12-18 12:19 AM
your blog is very helpful for the everyone visitor. I really like to it for here. Thanks for sharing in the information. coir matting at affordable prices

Ramon on December-13-18 1:33 AM
Very well written article, you have shared very useful content which i like reading.I will come back to the website in future to read more articles. gym flooring at low rate

Marvel on December-13-18 1:58 AM
I have read the article, you have good writing style which is appreciable.I have bookmarked the website to read more articles. Garage Shelving

Robert harry on December-13-18 10:33 PM
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post. Perfect description you have provided thanks for sharing. buy casters wheels

instagram online on January-04-19 4:39 AM
The artwork above is very impressive and meaningful.

Tom Haughton Winnipeg on January-14-19 8:39 AM
The organization of Tom Haughton Winnipeg is widely famous for the adoption of cats. Like dogs, cats also find it very difficult to survive and live. Because there are many wild animals living around and it becomes very difficult for these domestic animals to survive.

fashion city 2 on February-21-19 8:11 PM
i like all the content articles, I really cherished

Dwayne on April-01-19 1:51 AM
Your saying absolutely impressive that Hazelton event a wonderful experience i have very good experience about it. Thanks. High quality rubber roofing for sale

Watson on May-04-19 11:33 AM
What a attractive post here.I have visited three time this blog post and really got very good knowledge. Thanks and carry on it private yacht charter